Here they are, plain and simple.
(Updated December 1, 2014 – The latest updates are in bold)
1. I do not play favorites so do not assume I will give you something over anyone else just because you are on my friends list.
2. The items are normally given on a first come, first serve basis as long as the rules are followed. If you have gotten an item or two from me in the giveaway, you will still be considered, but your chances will be lowered (See Scenarios below). Yes, I do make note of your @Handles. While the first person to whisper me will often get the item, I do not want this to become a “first in” race. If I see you are purposely spamming me in this way, I will place you on ignore and you will not receive any further items. I exercise what I call the Spread the Wealth Rule. Here are a few scenarios affected by this rule:
- Scenario 1 – I announce an item in ESD chat. Player A whispers me first and claims said item. I mail the item to the winner. I then link another item in chat to giveaway. Player A is first again to whisper me. Player B also whispers me, but only after Player A has. In this case, player B will get the item as Player A has already claimed an item.
- Scenario 2 – Player A has already won 2 items and player B has won one. I link an item in chat and Player A responds first followed by Player B. Again, in this instance, Player B will get the item as they have won fewer items.
- Scenario 3 – Player A and Player B have both won 1 item each. I link an item in chat to give. Player A responds first followed by Player B. Since both players have won an equal number of items, we go back to First Come, First Serve.
- Scenario 4 – Player A and Player B are both responding to an item I posted. Player A is first followed by Player B. Both have won 2 items. Player C then whispers as well and they have not won an item yet. In this case, Player C will get the item since they have yet to win.
Using this method I can ensure that items are distributed equally and it will also help prevent people from trying to “race” to get all the items I post and only go for the ones they can really use.
3. There will be no arguing over who gets what. If I see you complaining or making threats, you will be ignored and you will no longer get any items.
4. I do not give away ec. Asking me for EC will get you placed on ignore. I used to forbid requests, but in light of the amount of donations I get, I have loosened up on this rule. I will take requests, but I cannot guarantee that a certain item will be given away. Again, most items are donated so it depends on what the donors provide. If you request something, it will not automatically go to you – it will only be posted as a giveaway item. Asking for VERY expensive items like Galors or Wells Science vessels is pointless as donations of those sizes are extremely rare. In most cases, a donation of that size will be offered in a drawing here on the site and not in the giveaway in-game.
5. I do not put up with beggers. If you whisper me, begging for items, I will place you on ignore.
6. I will not simply send you all my extra stuff. Again, I like to Spread the Wealth so don’t ask.
7. If I see you badmouthing me or any of the players receiving items, we will just put you on ignore so don’t waste your time.
8. There is a 2 item (daily) limit, regardless of what you have been previously awarded. This has been updated to help discourage spamming requests.
9. Tribbles (Unless they are specialty tribbles EG – Tribble of Borg) do not count toward your 2 item daily limit.
10. I cannot have conversations while the event is going so please do not expect me to get back to you in whisper. You may mail me a question, but it will only be answered after the giveaway is over. You can also contact me through my Spring.me account.
11. Claims will only count if they are whispered to me. This is to help cut down box scrolling of chat.
12. You are not allowed to trade-in previously awarded items for something new. If you attempt to do this by mailing the item back, you forfeit any claim to it and it will be linked again for giveaway.
13. Stacked consumables count as a single item. Example – I offer a small stack of a consumable, say 10 bottles of Romulan Ale. You whisper me and you win the item. I send you the 10 bottles of ale. That win counts as a single item toward your daily limit. Only in certain cases will stacked items count as more (example a stack of unopened lock box weapons).
14. If your mail is full or if your setting prevent me from mailing you, you forfeit any claim to an item you have won so make sure you have space! No exceptions will be made. Please adjust your settings accordingly.
15. Deployable Ship Devices such as [Device – Heavy Antiproton Satellite Turret] and similar items which come in stacks will not count toward your two item daily limit regardless of the amount you claim. Do keep in mind though that we still like to spread the wealth with these. This particular set of items can be claimed specifically for fleet banks so that other players may have access to them.
16. Green and Blue quality Bridge Officer Candidates do not count toward your 2 item daily limit. Purple will still count as well as speciality BOFFs (example – C Store Bridge Officers).
17. (New – Updated September 9th, 2014) Key Word responses – to help minimize people trying to race in, I have implemented a key word response function. It is a fairly simple way to ensure that people are actually reading what I post and not just racing in to try to win an item. The concept is very simple and is usually reserved for higher value items. Example: I post an item and after said item I add in the following text (Helium). To try to claim the item, you must then send me a whisper as normal and also include the key word. If you do not include the key word, regardless of when you whispered me, you will not win the item. The spelling does not have to be exact, but at least close (I will be the judge of what is close). Each key word will be different.
*These rules may be updated from time to time so check back often. Don’t complain about their complexity. You play Star Trek so you are already smarter than most people. Also realize that you are most likely not the only person whispering me for an item so do not automatically assume I am purposely ignoring you if you do not win something.
Feel free to ask me any question you like on Spring.me